Not to state the obvious, but whether you’re in a home or a business, a faulty gas pipe needs immediate attention. That’s where Plumbdog comes in. We provide prompt and reliable gas pipe repairs with guaranteed on-time arrival time to reduce the risks associated with gas leaks.
We start by diagnosing the problem with our top-range leak detection equipment, then get to work to provide the best outcome for your situation. We’ll even sign it off with a workmanship guarantee!
If your situation is urgent – call us immediately – in some cases, we can arrive within the hour. We’ll give you safety advice if you are smelling gas on the premises and arrive on time during the agreed arrival window. We come prepared with gas leak detection equipment to locate the leak and come up with a solution to fix the problem. Our service vans are always fully stocked to ensure prompt repairs – in most cases, we can provide a fix without having to go to suppliers.
Here are our top tips for maintaining your gas pipes and ensuring top-level gas safety at your home or business.
- When digging outside, take care to avoid underground gas pipes, especially if using machinery – you’d be surprised!
- Make sure all gas appliances and gas pipes are installed and maintained by a licensed gas fitter, best not to DIY when it comes to gas.
- Any gas burners should produce a blue flame. Always call for a gas fitter or gas plumber if it is red or yellow.
- Keep gas meters and pressure regulators in good nick and ensure they are protected from the elements.
- Book a fully qualified gas fitter like Plumbdog to periodically test for gas leaks.
- Prevent long term safety issues by replacing old galvanised pipes.
- Switch off gas appliances when sleeping or leaving the house.
- We shouldn’t have to say this but ALWAYS keep flammable items well away from your gas appliances!