Gas BBQ installation by Perth’s favourite gas fitters
At Plumbdog we enjoy a good Aussie BBQ just as much as our customers do. We also understand that no two backyards are the same, which is why we take special care to understand your needs before we go ahead and install. Our licensed gas fitters and gas plumbers have installed and serviced many gas barbeques across the Perth metro and can answer any questions related to their usage and maintenance.
Have a big event coming up and need experts on the job fast? We will take your call on 1300 573 924 and can provide a guaranteed time of arrival across Perth. Whistle and we will come!
Prompt and professional BBQ installation and servicing
There are many aspects to consider when you are thinking of installing a barbeque. As experienced BBQ installers and gas plumbers, we are aware of most of the pitfalls and can handle all of the steps involved, including:
- Checking your existing BBQ gas connection, including gas regulator, pipework, and valves
- Install new gas connectors, including bayonet sockets and ‘hard pipe’ connections
- Perform required pipework upgrades/changes in accordance with BBQ manufacturer instructions
- Check that the installation area complies with gas regulations for safety & ventilation
- Arrange other trades as required.
We recommend that your gas appliances be serviced every 2 years. Also, if you are replacing an existing BBQ that is more than 10 years old, we usually recommend replacing the gas isolation valve and appliance regulator, along with related pipework.
All of our gas fitters are licensed to operate in WA, drive fully stocked service vehicles, and all our jobs are performed to the highest safety standards. See our service guarantee.
See more information about our standard rates. We carry Cash, Credit Card & Eftpos facilities in all our service vehicles for easy payment.
See how we work during a standard service call.
BBQ conversions – LPG/natural gas
Barbeques are designed to run on either LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) or NG (natural gas).
Our qualified Plumbdog gas fitters can convert your BBQ from LPG to NG, or vice-versa, with ease by replacing the burner jets and resetting gas pressures.
What should you consider when installing a BBQ?
If you are thinking of installing a new BBQ, some important factors to consider are:
- Connection type – A BBQ that is installed in a fixed location, i.e. built into brickwork or a benchtop, is normally connected to a hard copper pipe. Bayonet-type connections are more suited to portable BBQs, such as trolley-mounted models.
- Pipe rating – Often the outdoor pipework installed in new houses is designed for smaller BBQs. If you are planning to install a large model with 5 or more burners, a new larger pipe may need to be installed, either from the house or the meter.
- Ventilation – Newer houses usually have an area that has a pipe or bayonet connection available outside. The builder should be aware of current regulations regarding ventilation and safety, and it should be built to the correct standards.
Plumbdog’s fully qualified and experienced gas fitters provide expert, honest advice on all of the above and can help you choose the right brand and model of barbeque for your home.
Contact Plumbdog for expert BBQ installation and upgrades
Gas BBQ installations that utilise bayonet connectors or copper pipe connections should always be performed by a licensed gas fitter. Plumbdog has the experience and expertise to install and service any size of BBQ, and we will answer your call across Perth.
For a free quote, just give us a whistle!