You will need:
- 1 clogged toilet (works best when someone has been overzealous with the toilet paper)
- A generous amount of surfactant (anything that get sudsy, Like Dishwashing liquid, or shampoo)
- Hot (but not boiling as this will crack the toilet bowl) water
- A bucket or a basin to transport water to toilet
- Flush the toilet but not too much so it does not overflow, get your bottle of shampoo/ soap and squirt a generous amount into the bowl.
- Follow that with a bucket of very hot water from the hot tap (not boiling).
Fill the toilet full but not overflowing.
- Leave the toilet for twenty minutes to soak.
- Hopefully after a few minutes the water level will have lowered. (The hot water and Soap mix helps break down the paper) if this does not work the first time, flush it, and then add more hot water and soap.
- Leave it soak for ten minutes, and then come back to it, and try flush it.
- Flush it one or maybe two more time to make sure the blockage is clear.
If it does not go down after the second time, try and use a plunger. If not, give us a call!